Karita Jalava, CPA CGA, CPA(Vermont, US)
A highly versatile CPA, CGA, CPA - Vermont with over twenty years of corporate and public accounting experience. Currently, assist small to mid-size companies with managing of the accounting function including financial analysis and management reporting.
Also, specialize in performing internal audits for businesses requiring Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)/Bill 198 compliance including the testing of design and operational effectiveness.
Key Career Accomplishments
• Attained professional accounting designations in both Canada (CGA) and US (CPA)
• Possess a strong knowledge of accounting standards in both Canada and the US
• Gained valuable experience for the accounting function working in Controller positions
• Developed strong financial reporting and the financial close process skills early in my career as I worked for a regional accounting firm for over ten years performing audit and review engagements
Education, Certification, Memberships
• CPA, CGA - Current member - Ontario, Canada
• CPA - Current member - Vermont, USA
• AICPA - Current member - USA
• IFRS certificate through the ICAEW (Institute of Chartered Accountants England & Wales), 2009
• Financial Accounting
• SOX Compliance
• Internal Audit